Sunday, January 8, 2012

Water Cycle Stories

Greetings!
    This is actually an old topic that I forgot to post about until I just found the pictures stored on my computer!  Anyway, when we studied the water cycle we played this great game I found online where you roll the die and you travel to different places in the water cycle.  I wish I still had the link, but I found this one and it is kind of similar:
Arctic Climate Modeling

Anyway, after we were finished I had the students compose first person water droplet stories where students wrote about their journey with the die game (from the day before) from the point of view as if they were the water droplet.  Then they made a little adorable water droplet to go along with their final copies:

We put them on display in the hallway: I think they looked great!

No comments:

Post a Comment