Monday, February 6, 2012

Tagged "to the square inch"

So, I did post my "tag" responses over on my ELA blog (The Superlative Six) but then I realized I have a whole different bunch of followers over here in Science-land.  I forget that I literally live a dual life every day...haha.  Anyway,  I figured, why not give it another go over here?  Super sweet Kate over at To The Square Inch tagged me so I will participate with the questions and answers!

I have to break some of the rules, but I won't break too many :)

Here are the rules:
1. You must post the rules. (check!)
2. Post 12 fun facts about yourself on the blog post.
3. Answer the questions the tagger set for you in their post, and then create 12 new questions for the people you tagged.
4. Tag 12 people and link them on your post.
5. Let them know you’ve tagged them!

12 Random Things
1.) I love pizza, but found out in August that I'm slightly lactose-intolerant.  Conflict. :)
2.) I love cooking and baking more than anything, but have been working super-hard to eat healthier this year!  I want to run another 5k.
3.) My favorite football team is the Detroit Lions...even though I live in NY where the Giants just won! 
4.) I teach Science and ELA....last year I taught Social Studies.  I have never taught Science before practically at any point so this year is crazy!
5.)  My favorite books are A Tree Grows in Brooklyn and To Kill a Mockingbird
6.) I think blogging and Pinterest are like therapy
7.) I never thought I would teach anything above grade 4.  Last year I taught 7th and this year I teach 6th.  I LOVE it!
8.) I think puns are hilarious.
9.) I don't watch a lot of TV, except I am obsessed with New Girl.  Maybe because Zooey is also a dress-wearing, silly, curly-haired Science teacher?
10.)  I want a Schnoodle or Wheaten Terrier puppy SO bad.
11.) Testing minerals in Science was my favorite unit as a student and I already taught it this year because I am obsessed with it THAT much. :)
12.) Our class pet is a betta fish named "Juliet Fruit Punch"  (The kids voted on her name!  It's a combination of the top 2 choices!)

Now on to my 12 Questions to Answer:

1. What is your favorite beauty product?
   Hmmmm my mascara.  I pretty much wear mascara all the time.  It's more or less the only makeup I wear every day!
2. What is your favorite memory?
  My childhood as a whole.  It was just so happy.
3. Why did you start a blog?
 I love love LOVE to share ideas, get ideas, make new ideas, talk about ideas, see ideas, read about ideas...I think IDEAS are the only way I will become the best teacher I can be.  
4. Do you like your hair better curly or straight?
 My hair is super curly naturally, so I kind of embrace that.  However, I sometimes like the way it looks sleek and less wild.  But probably curly!
5. What is your favorite TV show?
 Hmmmm either New Girl, Happy Endings or Parks and Recreation.  I used to love The Office but it's just not the same without Michael Scott.
6. What is your favorite color combo?
Well, since I may be engaged soon I have been looking at wedding colors.  I am normally a green person, but for a wedding combo I am digging deep blue, yellow, and light gray.  
7. What is your biggest fear? 
Hm, I have a lot of fears but definitely....losing everyone I love, drastic heights, cancer
8. What is your go-to school or work outfit?
NY&CO dress pants (I love the fit!) and currently some kind of sweater.  I wear flats every day because my right ankle is a killer!  I love wearing necklaces or a scarf too!  In the spring/fall I wear dresses!
9. What is your proudest accomplishment?
Graduating Summa Cum Laude at college.  I was so happy to see everyone else happy.  Or getting my job this year!  It's so competitive! 
10. What do you eat for breakfast?
During the week I have a protein shake made with almond milk and some kind of quick food if I can (muffin, fruit, oatmeal, cereal etc).  On the weekends I love pancakes, waffles, bacon & eggs...you name it! :) 
11. Who is your hero?
My grandparents, parents, and "little" (he's in 12th grade) brother.
12. What was your favorite song in middle school or high school?
Anything by *NSYNC!  HAHAH!




I honestly don't know who to tag but there's just a little information about me!  Feel free to comment!  I love how we're all in this teaching business together! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment